Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Early Education

Here are a few of my recently favorite educational sites.  What are your favorites?  
http://www.starfall.com/
Teaching kids to read using phonics, not memorization (which is also good).  This site is AWESOME!!  I love the printouts, the games and the stories. 
http://www.kidsgeo.com/
This site teaches kids about the Earth, people and so much more.   I just started investigating this site and some of it is a little advanced for Pre-K kids.  I personally love to learn about geography and geology.    
http://www.animaljam.com/
Fun site for kids to make their own animal and play little games.
http://www.ixl.com
This site is not free, but it offers tons of math games from Pre-K to 8th grade.  So far, the 5th grade stuff is kicking my butt. 
http://primeraescuela.com/themesp/alfabeto_az/cp_alfabeto_a.htm
This is a GREAT site if you are teaching your kid Spanish.  I'm still a little new to this site, but so far I am enjoying it.

No comments: