Friday, November 7, 2008

Reclaiming My Old Self

A little kept secret... Once apon a time, (a.k.a., before my mission) I was a very good photographer. I took classes in High School, worked at my aunt and uncle's photo studio/lab from 1996-2000 and I even had a two-year photography scholarship at Snow College, yippee. I understood everything about f-stops, white balance, shutter speeds, aperture, contrast, depth of field, film speed, etc. Today I am a really good photo critic but not a great photographer. When I came home from my mission I had forgotten all about my favorite hobby because I had a new hobby: Jared. I've had a burning desire to get back into photography for the last eight years but I never have the money or time. Well, I'm excited to announce that I have purchased my very first Digital SLR camera (Nikon D40). It'll be a good camera to start with and I'm sure I'll sell it and upgrade in a few years. The cool thing is with all the photo editing software, I can see why almost ANYONE can be a good photographer. There is hope for me yet. :)

5 comments:

Janae said...

Wahooo!!!! Yeah for your new camera! I am excited for you.

Jennifer said...

I love my Nikon. And it's true, photoshop makes everyone a photographer. I do miss the days of film, but for the average person (meaning myself) digital is so great and cheap in the long run. I have boxes of photos that are just awful but I can't bring myself to just throw them out! Anyway...you'll love your camera!

Rachel said...

How fun! I love Logan's halloween costume!

amy said...

i can't wait to see your pictures!

Heidi #1 said...

When can you take christmas pictures of our family? I bet you could even make us look cute with your new camera.