Here is the quick story: Our Wyatt has been in the PICU at Primary Children's Hospital since Thursday, December 9th. While I was holding him Thursday morning, he stopped breathing and turned into a little rag doll in my arms. I tried to stimulate him by pinching his feet and blowing in his face, but there was no response. I quickly performed CPR and called 911. I continued giving him CPR while waiting for the EMTs. Luckily, we live only two blocks from the fire station so they were there in two minutes. They revived him and took him to Lake View Hospital here in Bountiful. Two hours later, he was life flighted to PCMC and admitted to the PICU. Our baby had about a dozen more episodes and had to be revived by the medical staff. The doctors have conducted about 100+ tests on our baby to find out why he stops breathing, but we still have no answers. Follow us on Facebook for more updates.
Good news: he hasn't had any major episodes for two days and he was discharged from the PICU today. He is now on a different level at Primary's for further observation and tests. We hope that they discharge Wyatt from the hospital this week sometime.
We have amazing family and friends who have been an incredible support to us. We are thankful for our friends who cleaned our home, made us meals, did our laundry, left treats, presents, kind notes at our door. Thank you, thank you. We are so humbled by the outpour of love, service, prayers and concern. 











3 comments:
What a darling, darling, little CHUBBY baby. We pray he will continue to improve, and not have any other issues, that they can figure out what is going on, and he can go home.
So, so sorry for everything you're going through. I can't imagine. I'll keep you in my prayers. The nurse in me is proud of you for your CPR skills. Hang in there.
I can't believe this is happening to your sweet boy. I pray everything works out for you. Let me know if you need anything, I will be there in an instant. FYI-I too an proud of your CPR instincts. Nice job momma. Love you guys.
Post a Comment