Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Day Job

Hola.  Soy la maestra de español. I am Mrs. Fenn, the Spanish teacher at Stansbury High School. I LOVE my job.

In the last six years:
  1. I have learned that being organized and prepared is essential to being a good teacher.
  2. I have learned that teenagers do not think before they speak and to not let them bother me, no matter what. Even when they say that I am old and ugly.  
  3. I have learned that teenagers are awesome, but my boys will NEVER grow up. 
  4. I have learned more Spanish words and grammar than I ever thought possible. 
  5. I have learned that I am actually a pretty good teacher. 
  6. I have learned how to prepare graduation commencement and pageants. 
  7. I have learned to not sweat the small stuff.   
  8. I have learned that I never appreciated my teachers when I was a student.
  9. I have learned that speaking only Spanish in class is very important but its a pain in my butt. 
  10. I know that  NOTHING is more important than my boys.
this is my classroom


1 comment:

Jessie said...

I bet that you are an incredible teacher, and I know that your students are lucky to have you! Glad that you love your job!