Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quality time vs Quantity time...

Today I took Logan to the "Ogden Tree House Museum" and we had an absolute blast! We played with the fire truck, farm animals, colored dinosaurs, made Lego towers, dressed up and the list goes on. I took way too many pictures and was totally "geeking out" about everything. It has been so WONDERFUL spending time with Logan this week. While there, I made some interesting observations. Many mothers were sitting on the benches texting, talking on the cell, reading a novel, asleep (yes, one lady really was asleep) while their children played. I thought to myself, "Sheesh, I probably look like a weirdo mom and maybe I should sit down. Don't these ladies understand how lucky they are to be with their children??" I am sure these ladies were just taking a break and are wonderful mothers. I'm jealous of stay-at-home moms and I'm probably extra sensitive. I wish I could stay home every day, all day with my Logan but that's not my reality. Now off to grade papers while Logan is asleep...

4 comments:

Janae said...

I have heard a lot of great things about the tree house museum. I need to check it out sometime.

I am glad you were able to spend so much time with Logan this week.

Meg said...

You are a great mom. And I wish you stayed at home, too. Even though I am sure the students would miss you and you do them such a great service, the other day at playgroup, I thought "I wish April were here." You sure are a fun gal. Your little Logan is lucky.

Natalie said...

That place is so great, I just went there for the first time last week!
That is so great that you get on the floor and play with Logan.

Us Lochers said...

It's hard being a working mom, especially a full time working mom. I noticed the same thing though... my time with my kids is really limited, so I have to make the most of it when I get the chance.

You're an awesome mom. I'm sure of it.