I've lost my mind!! Ok, some of might say that I lost it years ago but officially my brain has jumped out of my head and is headed for CRAZYTOWN, USA. Jared and I have been under TREMEDOUS financial strains lately and we're trying to figure out what the crap we're going to do. Frankly, I want to throw in the towel and say "hasta la vista" to everyone including my mortgage company, and the rest of the world. I don't know if I should sell my house and move to Tooele or refinance my house and be forced to rent out my basement until Logan leaves for his mission (ok, not that long). I don't know what the answer is and I just wish someone would tell me what to do. I hate being a grown-up. Have any of you felt like this before?? What happened to those carefree days?? Oh yeah, those days went bye bye the second we got married. I have become uptight, anxious and wound up. If I wasn't a good Mormon, I'd have me a good stiff drink (or two) to help ease my stress. I've never actually had a good stiff drink but it looks like fun. But since I'm trying to be like Jesus and getting rip-roaring drunk is not bueno, I reach for this yummy morsel... and I feel happy for a moment and then I eat another and another and another and then I feel bad for eating too many. But I still love you, Lindt Mint Yummy things.
Thanks for listening to my pain. It seems like MANY of my friends and family are going through similar situations and if you need to vent or have the solution, please leave a comment!




12 comments:
Fenn, this is Pat I lost my phone with your number in it and I miss you. Please call me so I can store your number in my phone. P.S. We are going to paint ball this Sat the 9th. Im really looking forward to seeing your bright smiling face. Love, Pat
Hey...It is Hma Munroe from the MTC. Remember me? How could you forget me....right?! Ha! I found your blog the other night and had fun seeing your cute little family. I HAD to comment after reading this post....I LOVE your honesty and humor at the same time. Ya...I am sure you are stressed and a bit worried....not that this makes it easier...but like you said...MANY people are in your same boat. Just keep your chin up....have faith....love your man and communicate about it....keep paying your tithing....and it will be all sugar. I think we all have some hard times ahead of us but as long as we have some food stored up and are wise with our money the Lord will be take care of us. Easier said than done....but probably true...it has been promised to us. Tell your hubby hi....take care. Sandra
Weebs, I feel your pain sister! Everything is so freaking expensive and I constantly feel like we are struggling to keep our head above the water. Last week when I did our bills I too would have liked a stiff drink. Instead I opted for a diet coke and I'm sure that took the edge off. Ü Hang in there and just be open to what feels right for you and your family.
Jake and I tried to move once years ago and it just didn't feel right and we ended up taking our house off of the market and staying and I knew that was the right choice. Then last year we decided to put our house up again and I told myself that if I felt bad about it at all we wouldn't go through with it and I never felt like it was a bad decision and we did move and it was the best thing we ever did. Just trust your instinct and you will know what to do! Ok, I will end this novel. Love ya!
Hi Guys! I personally think you should sell your house and move to CLINTON, UT. Then we could be NEIGHBORS and see each other a little more often.
I can relate in more ways than you know. Know I love you guys and you can come to me for anything. I am a fantastic listener and have been leaned on more often than I've done the leaning. My life is more crazy and complicated than I've let on but with Heavenly Fathers' help we can make it through just not always how we'd like or in our time frame. I'm hoping and praying the decision I've been struggling with is the right choice. I will keep you in my prayers and know that he will provide a way.
Love you guys and thanks for letting me sit with you today.
April
I have felt like this...it is frustrating. Have you heard of Dave Ramsey? You should listen to his radio show on 570 AM KNRS every night from 7-10pm. You can buy his book or check it out from the library. It is called the total money makeover. He teaches you common sense principles about your money. He helps you get out of debt. Well he gives you the tools, you actually have to do it yourself. He really teaches you about living on less than you make. He teaches you how to make a budget and stick to it.
We have always had a budget and been pretty good about it. But I was getting out of control and spending more than I should have so I made myself do a cash/envelope budget like Dave suggests. Wow it is hard to spend money when its not the card. I also know that when I am out I am out and so it makes me more careful about what I buy. It really enlighten you about how wasteful you can be with money.
I would check out Dave's show and his book.
As far as selling the house. If you think that it will help you do it. You have to make sure you make lifestyle changes to accommodate on living less than make.
If you have any budget questions or need help let me know. I love sharing budgeting tips!
I'm sorry! Now I wish I weren't sulking so much and would have just sucked it up and gone on our walk. It sounds like you need a friend and I dropped the ball....SORRY! Call me if you need something :o)
Hang in there, Weebs! My mom always says that money and weight will forever come and go. Yet this is the same woman who once told me that I didn't know my ass from my elbow. Both are pretty true. Love you and we WILL get together soon!
I feel the same way about life lately. AHHH what a crazy life. We need to get together and go have some crazy fun, or at least vent.
I would like to remind you of going to Chili's on the mish. You ordered a margarita or something similar and forgot to specify no alcohol. Stiff drink #1:) I'm glad you haven't added anymore to that number.
Good luck with the finances. It's way hard right now. I want to yell at someone every time I go to the grocery store lately. We need to get together with Leche. Hang in there!
April, I'm almost positive you don't remember me, but we were in your ward for about 8 months. We moved out right when Andrew's sister, Rachel Wood moved in. Very, very random...I just wanted to say that we're selling our home in Layton and looking for a basement apartment. If you need renters, we're available. :) Good luck!
Kathryn Ariotti
(kathryn.ariotti@gmail.com)
so I just randomly found your blog and post.
Boy can I relate!
We were in the same boat two years ago, sold out home, lots money on it. yeah, can you believe it? Moved 800 miles away to Seattle,rented a house not as nice as ous was, got jobs, got laid off and just moved back!
still renting... My advise, don't let go of your home unless you know for sure it will make it better. Otherwise, do all you can to keep it and your kids in your home.
PS, I am a convert. The stiff drink really sounded good to me too!! But the diet coke has had to do. lol :D
Post a Comment