(Ok, this is super CHEESY) Who or what the heck is Oakcrest? Well, it's an LDS summer girls camp located in Kamas, Utah and its celebrating 50 years of teaching young ladies. Here is my Oakcrest story: I attended Oakcrest as a young girl in 1992 and 1993 and it was there that my counselors challenged me to make goals for myself and gave me the tools and confidence to fulfill them. I made three goals: to be an Oakcrest Camp Couselor someday, go on a mission and get married in the temple. In 1999 I fulfilled my first goal by serving as an Oakcrest Camp Counselor, in 2000 I went on my mission to El Salvador and in 2002 I got married to my Jared. Isn't it amazing how one experience can change your life? I'd hate to imagine where I'd be today if I hadn't set those goals at a young age. I probably wouldn't have my Jared or my sweet Logan.
To the right of this blog you will see a slideshow of Oakcrest- I hope you all enjoy. Watch out, some of you are in these pics. LOVE, WeeBo




5 comments:
I love your slideshow, April! It is so cute! It's so fun to think of how much Oakcrest has changed all of us who were involved in any way. You are so awesome, and I am so glad that I was able to serve with you there. (and that we became better friends after!) I love you, and am thankful for your example!
Weebs-
What fun memories! Thanks for posting those pics! I hope everything is going well!
Love,
Gender
Weebs-
Thanks so much for posting all those fun Oakcrest memories! Man, it has been a long time! I'm pretty sure the best thing I could do for myself right now is to have a major ash fight! Good times!
Love,
Gender
Weebs, that was an awesome slideshow. It brought back so many memories. We were so blessed to be able to serve there. I consider it a huge blessing to have served with you. Your black and white pic with Logan is darling. You look so beautiful. I hope you are having a great summer so far. love ya, Moosey
I could never thank you and Maverick enough for making Oakcrest such and amazing experience! I know it is for sure something I will NEVER forget.
Post a Comment