Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy 80th Birthday to Our House!

Our house was built in June 1928 so that makes it 80 years old this month. Ironically, this home along with several others in the area, were built by a school teacher. This home has many unique features so let me share them with you:
doors with no nobs,
some old nobs that fall off on occasion,
random patch jobs,
lovely driveway that is in awesome condition, hole in the patio cover (no, we do not live in El Salvador)
windows that are painted shut (so that no one can escape), 80 year old garage wood roof that blows away
peek-a-boo window in the door,
original fireplace,
original hard wood floors,
an old tub,
and a nice "coal shute" on the outside of my house that really comes in handy when we use coal to heat our home (not).

3 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

I LOVE your house. I only saw it once but I thought it was so cute. I never would have guessed that it was 80 yrs old?! I love how you have decorated it.

Kimmy Sunshine said...

Don't ya just love our old homes? Just remember that they have loads of character and are not the typical cookie cutter home of today.

Bean said...

Your house is freakin nice though. I love it! Happy Birthday Fenn Home! You crack me up with your explanations!!! WHy didnt you call us about Lagoon? I am pissed! We really were gonna go with you.